To Save Lives of Women from Cancer on Time
Radhika Santhanakrishnan, Founder & Managing Trustee, Penn Nalam and CBCRF – Units of Sri Dhanvantri Trust
PENN NALAM, a unit of Sri Dhanvantri Trust, Women for Women Wellness Centre was born on 24.08.2009 after my Diagnosis of Cancer. I had the opportunity to interact with people from different walks of life through the treatment period. We realized that
- There is a lack of awareness about breast cancer and there is very little research done in India.
- Medical fraternity needs to move from treating advanced cancers to invest in early detection.
- The cost of breast cancer is prohibitive in our country.
- The psychosocial support that is required during the treatment period and afterward is sourly lacking.
- The woman is the backbone of the family but unfortunately, in India, she does not take care of herself.
The Vision of PENN NALAM is to “Save lives of Women from Cancer on Time”. Hence PENN NALAM has dedicated herself to Educate, Care, Screen, Diagnose, Treat and to take care of Women’s health and doing Screening and all other related services at very affordable cost.
So far we have conducted 757 awareness camps, sensitized 2 lakhs women and conducted 397 screening camps, screened 15611. We have two mobile screening buses which offers doorstep screening services to the women. Now we are in the journey of establishing a Centre of Excellence called Chennai Breast Cancer Research Foundation (CBCRF )for Breast Cancer treatment in India.
About the presenter…
Mrs.Radhika Santhanakrishnan holds a post-graduate degree in marketing. Born and married in a family of industrialists, Radhika is a full-time philanthropist who has dedicated her life for a larger cause. She was diagnosed with cancer in 2008-2009 and now a Conqueror! She started Penn Nalam with the support and guidance of her doctor, Dr. Selvi
Radhakrishna and has made significant progress in increasing the awareness and treatment of breast and cervical cancers, which are the two most common cancers affecting women in India. The prime objective is “To Save lives of Women from Cancer on time” and offer affordable treatment.